Rabu, 20 Maret 2013

The Girl Who Wore Her Own


We never had money. All I had to wear was a heart, so I wore it on my sleeves. It did not take long before even that started to dim.

It was not much of a jewelry, it didn't shine the way jewels are supposed to, but I guess that's exactly why everyone noticed it.

The pendants, the rings the girls in my school wore, they only take money to own. But to wear a heart, they say, it takes bravery.

But I did not put that on because I was being brave. I wanted something to show, something that shines. I was desperate not to be different.

I thought, I'd shine the way they did. Then I' be one of them. One thing I did not know, a heart does not shine because it reflects light.

A heart shines because it burns.

I didn't understand why back then everyone tried to snuff it out. Some hated it, some tried to protect it. I didn't know what was happening.

Sure enough, soon after, the fire died on its own. At first it grew dimmer, and then it became cold.

It took a while before I finally noticed it. By then, it was already a dry, charred piece of charcoal.

So I took it off my sleeve, and put it back where it used to be. I thought it would return to what it was, but it didn't.

I still have no money. And I no longer have a heart to wear.


Twitter, March 17, 2PM

1 komentar:

  1. bersulang untuk segenap beban hidup yang hadir di pikiran. bersulang untuk kenyataan yang tak kunjung sesuai harapan. bersulang untuk dunia yang tak memiliki rasa kasihan. bersulang untuk hati yang gugur dan menjerit namun oleh diam tertahan. bersulang untuk doa yang tidak terkabulkan. bersulang untuk cinta yang hilang dan terlupakan. bersulang untuk usia yang patah, dan diri yang selalu kalah. bersulang untuk segenap luka yang tak terobati dan iman yang luntur dalam hati. bersulang untuk tak sampainya asa, dan hari-hari yang dipenuhi rasa percuma. bersulang...

    #kesurupan

    BalasHapus